West Traverse Township Zoning

A zoning permit is required for any structure to be built and for most exterior modifications to existing structures. A zoning permit must be obtained prior to starting any construction project.

Obtaining a Zoning Permit

For zoning permits for residential properties, please contact the Emmet County Office of Planning, Zoning, & Construction Resources at:

3434 Harbor Petoskey Road Suite E
Harbor Springs, MI 49740

Office phone: (231) 348-1735
Fax: (231) 439-8933
E-mail: pzcr@emmetcounty.org

For all other zoning matters, please contact the Township Zoning Administrator, David M. White, at:

Office phone: (231) 526-7361
E-mail: zoning@westtraversetownship.com
Office hours: Most Mondays 10 am – 2 pm. Other times by appointment

Zoning Ordinance – Amended July 2020

To return to the previous page, there are two options:
– Click on “Return to Previous Page”, or
– Click on “Alt/Back Arrow” if “Return to Previous Page” doesn’t work.
To search within the Ordinance, use “Ctrl-f”.