The Thorne Swift Nature Preserve is closed for the season. We look forward to seeing you again in 2023!
A cooperative effort of West Traverse Township and the Little Traverse Conservancy
Swift Current Brochure
Thorne Swift Nature Preserve
6690 Lower Shore Drive
Harbor Springs, MI 49740
April 15 – November 15: Gates open at 10am and close to new visitors 10 minutes prior to sunset
(Note: Late October – November 15 weather dependent)
Nature Center Building Hours:
Memorial Day – Labor Day: Daily 10am – 7pm
Labor Day – October 20: Weekends only
Fees are not charged to Preserve Visitors.
Rules for Joyful Use of the Preserve
- Stay within the signs on the beach.
- Stay off the protected dunes. Use the Observation Platform.
- The following are prohibited:
- Dogs, except in the parking lot
- Smoking, except in the parking lot
- Alcoholic beverages
- Glass containers
- Fire or fireworks
- Camping / hammocks
- Bikes on the trails