The Thorne Swift Nature Preserve is closed for the season. We look forward to seeing you again in 2023!
Thorne Swift Nature Preserve
6690 Lower Shore Drive
Harbor Springs, MI 49740
April 15 – November 15: Gates open at 10am and close to new visitors 10 minutes prior to sunset
(Note: Late October – November 15 weather dependent)
Nature Center Building Hours:
Memorial Day – Labor Day: Daily 10am – 7pm
Labor Day – October 20: Weekends only
Fees are not charged to Preserve Visitors.
Rules for Joyful Use of the Preserve
- Stay within the signs on the beach.
- Stay off the protected dunes. Use the Observation Platform.
- The following are prohibited:
- Dogs, except in the parking lot
- Smoking, except in the parking lot
- Alcoholic beverages
- Glass containers
- Fire or fireworks
- Camping / hammocks
- Bikes on the trails