The Thorne Swift Nature Preserve Trails and Nature Center are open for the season.
Thorne Swift Nature Preserve
6690 Lower Shore Drive
Harbor Springs, MI 49740
April 15 – November 15: Gates open at 10am and close to new visitors 10 minutes prior to sunset
(Note: Late October – November 15 weather dependent)
Nature Center Building Hours:
Memorial Day – Labor Day: Daily 10am – 7pm
Labor Day – October 20: Weekends only
Parking Fee: $5 • Season Pass: $15
Fees are not being charged to Preserve Visitors during the 2022 Season.
Rules for Joyful Use of the Preserve
- Stay within the signs on the beach.
- Stay off the protected dunes. Use the Observation Platform.
- The following are prohibited:
- Dogs, except in the parking lot
- Smoking, except in the parking lot
- Alcoholic beverages
- Glass containers
- Fire or fireworks
- Camping / hammocks
- Bikes on the trails