West Traverse Township Assessing
Joe Lavender is the Township’s Assessor. Joe holds office hours on most Mondays from 8 am – Noon. To schedule a meeting with Joe or to leave him a telephone message, please contact the Township Office at (231) 526-7361. You may also send Joe an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Board of Review
2021 Board of Review Schedule – All meetings are held at the Township Hall and are open to the public.
Organizational Meeting: Tuesday, March 2, 2:00 PM
Monday, March 8: 1 PM – 4PM, 6 PM – 9PM
Wednesday, March 10: 9 AM – Noon, 1 PM – 4 PM
Meeting to review and correct clerical errors and mutual mistakes of fact, address principal residence and agricultural exemptions, and consider poverty and disabled veteran exemptions:
- to be announced at later date
Public Inspection of Assessing Records
Common assessing forms are provided here. Others are available on-line at www.michigan.gov/treasury.
- L-4035 Petition to Board of Review
- Disabled Veterans Exemption Affidavit
- Poverty Exemption Guidelines - 2020
- Poverty Exemption Application
- Poverty Exemption Affidavit
- PRE Guidelines
- PRE Affidavit
- PRE Request to Rescind
- PRE Conditional Recission
- Parcel Division Application
- Small Business Property Tax Exemption Claim